YOUR PERSONAL MOVING GUIDE
1. Post Offices
Ask for “Change of Address”card.
- Grand Haven: 616.842.0510
- Ferrysburg: 616.842.9650
- Fruitport: 231.865.3675
- Spring Lake: 616.842.0321
- Muskegon: 231.722.7292
For all utilities – call before digging!
- Miss Dig: 800.482.7171
Have a driver’s license ready – they will ask for number
- SBC Order Placement: 800.244.4444
- Verizon: 800.483.4000 or 800.483.4600
- GTE: 800.483.4600
- AT&T: 800.222.0300
- TDS Metrocom: 800.500.3453
- Grand Haven: 616.847.4895
- Laketon Twp: 231.744.2454
- Spring Lake Village: 616.842.1393
- Roosevelt Park: 231.755.3721
- North Muskegon: 231.744.1621
- Muskegon Heights: 231.733.4581
- Fruitport: 231.865.3158
- Whitehall: 231.894.4048
- Grand Haven Township: 616.842.5988
- Norton Shores: 231.798.4391
- Spring Lake Twp: 616.842.0800
- Ferrysburg: 616.842.5803
- Muskegon City & Twp: 231.724.6718
- Montague: 231.893.1155
- Ravenna: 231.853.2360
- Michigan Gas Utilities: 800.401.6402
- SEMCO: 800.624.2019
- DTE Energy: 800.477.4747
6. LP Gas
- Excel Propane: 231.865.3665
- Suburban: 231.893.3009
- VanAndel: 616.853.2227
- Pro-Gas (Whitehall): 231.893.3009
- Pro-Gas (Grand Haven): 616.842.9240
7. Heating Oil
- Blarney Castle Oil: 231.744.1601
- Lemmen Oil: 231.865.6730
- Alt Oil: 616.837.6633
- Brenner Oil: 231.744.1957
- Lipka Oil: 231.893.6964
- Grand Haven Board of Light & Power: 616.846.6250
- Consumers Energy: 800.477.5050
- Great Lakes Energy: 888.485.2537
You may need to call each number to see which company covers your area. In some areas, you may get to choose which electric company you want.
9. Rubbish Removal
- Ames Disposal: 231.744.3031
- Kuerth’s Disposal Inc.: 231.744.4967
- RMS Recycling & Disposal: 231.788.5096
- Republic Services: 800.882.9565
The city has sewer hook-up, but not all of the Township. Please call your local Township for more information.
11. Cable Television Service
- Charter Communications: 800.545.0994
- Comcast: 800.824.2000 or 800.866.2278
12. Auto Licenses
Michigan Law requires all persons to update their driver’s license once a new address is established or within 30 days of your move.
- Grand Haven: 616.846.1540
- Directions: 1100 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, MI 49417
- Muskegon: 888.767.6424
- Directions: 1485 E. Apple Avenue, Muskegon, MI 49442
- Whitehall: 231.893.3400
- Directions: 3297 E. Colby, Whitehall, MI 49461
13. Voter Registration
Register at Grand Haven City Hall for residents and respective township offices for outlying township residents, OR at the Secretary of State office located at 1100 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, MI 49417 in Grand Haven next to D&W Foods: 616.846.1540
The Muskegon County Secretary of State office is located at 1485 E. Apple Avenue, Muskegon, MI 49442 and their phone number is 888.767.6424.
14. Pet Licenses
Issued at the City of Grand Haven for residents and respective township offices for outlying township residents.
15. Family Beach Admissions
- Grand Haven Michigan State Park: Harbor Avenue
- Hoffmaster State Park: Lake Harbor Road
- Muskegon State Park: Memorial Drive
Annual: $24 | Daily: $6
Please note, there are some discounts on the annual sticker for Senior Citizens 65 & Older.
Ottawa County Parks & Recreation” 616.846.8117
Don’t forget to notify your:
- Insurance Companies (life, hospitalization, auto, etc.)
- Newspaper delivery, laundry pick-up, trash pick-up, etc.
- Change your address on publications
- Notify all open accounts, department stores, banks, service stations, etc.
- Notify doctors, dentists, allergists, etc. If leaving the state – request medical record
- Notify your current mortgage company 30-45 days before closing if you have an automatic payment to cancel
SELLER: Call for final readings on utilities effective final day of possession.
BUYER: Call to have services entered into your name effective the same day
(Buyer & Seller should make these calls on the same day to prevent interruption of services).
Contact us for a personalized walk through to help prepare your house for the special first selling day!