YOUR PERSONAL MOVING GUIDE
For all utilities – call before digging!
- Miss Dig: 800.482.7171
- Grand Haven: 616.847.4895
- Laketon Twp: 231.744.2454
- Spring Lake Village: 616.842.1393
- Roosevelt Park: 231.755.3721
- North Muskegon: 231.744.1621
- Muskegon Heights: 231.733.4581
- Fruitport: 231.865.3158
- Whitehall: 231.894.4048
- Grand Haven Township: 616.842.5988
- Norton Shores: 231.798.4391
- Spring Lake Twp: 616.842.0800
- Ferrysburg: 616.842.5803
- Muskegon City & Twp: 231.724.6718
- Montague: 231.893.1155
- Ravenna: 231.853.2360
The city has sewer hook-up, but not all of the Township. Please call your local Township for more information.
12. Auto Licenses
Michigan Law requires all persons to update their driver’s license once a new address is established or within 30 days of your move.
13. Voter Registration
Register at Grand Haven City Hall for residents and respective township offices for outlying township residents, OR at the Secretary of State office located at 1100 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, MI 49417 in Grand Haven next to D&W Foods: 616.846.1540
14. Pet Licenses
Issued at the City of Grand Haven for residents and respective township offices for outlying township residents.
15. Family Beach Admissions
- Grand Haven Michigan State Park: Harbor Avenue
- Hoffmaster State Park: Lake Harbor Road
- Muskegon State Park: Memorial Drive
Annual: $24 | Daily: $6
Please note, there are some discounts on the annual sticker for Senior Citizens 65 & Older.
Ottawa County Parks & Recreation” 616.846.8117
Don’t forget to notify your:
- Insurance Companies (life, hospitalization, auto, etc.)
- Newspaper delivery, laundry pick-up, trash pick-up, etc.
- Change your address on publications
- Notify all open accounts, department stores, banks, service stations, etc.
- Notify doctors, dentists, allergists, etc. If leaving the state – request medical record
- Notify your current mortgage company 30-45 days before closing if you have an automatic payment to cancel
SELLER: Call for final readings on utilities effective final day of possession.
BUYER: Call to have services entered into your name effective the same day
(Buyer & Seller should make these calls on the same day to prevent interruption of services).
Contact us for a personalized walk through to help prepare your house for the special first selling day!